Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Your Order Is In Progress!

I’m excited to announce that I’ve finally chosen a web designer to redesign Marvin Medisoft’s website! Yay! After sending a few more project proposals and looking at potential contracts (which included estimate price, a factor that eliminated a few), Ms. Vaidya and I decided on a Fiverr designer. She’s very patient, timely, and accommodating, and she’s actually one of the first I contacted back in Week 4.

We clarified our design requests with her: multiple pages, modernized look but not too flashy/busy, same content as current site, RSS feed from social media (integrate with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), blogging capabilities, news feed, user login with access to private information (TPN user manual, training videos, etc.), and a website manual (admin panel) to make updates/add text ourselves in the future.

The designer talked about creating the website on a WordPress template, since our original CMS (the platform is called xoops, but it’s pretty outdated) is unfamiliar and difficult to work with. I’ve heard good things about WP, so I did not hesitate to let her use it for our site. She also discussed logo design, and hopefully I can work on that project as well.

Today, after solidifying all of the details, we asked for a final offer, and she sent one through Fiverr. It’s a simple ordering and payment process, but I was still eager to click the green “Order Now” box in the corner (it was very inviting).

Now, every time I go on Fiverr, our message conversation is marked “Offer” with a little tag above the order that reads “Requirements Submitted, Order in Progress”. It reminds me of an Amazon order, except that this purchase could change the face of a business (literally).

I still have items to discuss about the overall site design preparation, and I can’t wait to share my findings.

I’ll be posting soon!
Mia Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment