Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Lists and Logos

After a look at the first draft of the website, I made a list of suggestions and possible improvements in my handy dandy notebook (sorry, but I just had to include that reference for all of you Blue’s Clues fanatics). When I had looked at the current site, I made a similar list, evaluating each web page and its content.

Now it was the newbie’s turn to be improved. The list ranged from picture quality, font consistency, and overall layout to inactive links, loading times, and scroll-down features. My favorite aspect of the new site is the clean and modernized look/layout, without being too flashy or loud, which I find is unfortunately the case for some business websites.

On another note, the aspect of the site that needs the most improvement, in my opinion, is the Testimonials page, which appears unprofessional and lacks much substance, seems “inactive”. I brought this up to Ms. Vaidya, and she suggested that I look at other business sites, especially Marvin Medisoft’s competition, to see what features were appealing. Upon this, I discovered that these sites included client logos in proximity to their testimonials, or on separate “Our Clients” pages, and I really liked how it looked.

Later, Ms. Vaidya sent me a list of current clients, and I proceeded to search online for their respective websites and logos. I copied and pasted around thirty-five client logos onto a Word doc and sent that to the designer to add to the testimonials and rename the page “Current Clients & Testimonials”.

I plan to continue this website project until our requests are seen to (hopefully, ASAP).

Meanwhile, I’ve been continuing my secretarial duties as well as looking at other TPN products that rival those of Marvin Medisoft’s just to get an idea of the competition from an outsider’s perspective as well as from a business intern’s point of view. I will definitely go into more detail about this in one of my future posts.

Hope you all have a good week!
Mia Lu

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been quite busy bossing this web developer around ;) In all seriousness though, when do you think the website will be completed? I would love to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of now, it's about ready to be launched. I will link the website in another post, though it is the same domain name as the original. :)

      Delete
  2. You mentioned Marvin Mediasoft's competition, who is Mediasoft competing with, and how cutthroat is this market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvin Medisoft has a number of competitors, including B. Braun Medical, Baxter, CPR Plus, Apex Custom Software, and Monterey Medical Solutions, which also reach a niche market.

      From what I understand about the business, since Marvin Medisoft only produces a specific product, it is difficult to compete with other companies, especially since they are much larger and have been established for a longer time. Also, many of the competitor products have already been implemented within hospitals, and it is difficult to introduce TPN2000 into their systems.

      Delete
  3. What features of Marvin Mediasoft are your trying to highlight after eyeing the competition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there any other aspects of the competition's layout that you would want to incorporate/avoid for Marvin Medisoft's website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question!

      Other than the client logos and testimonials that I observed from their websites, I didn't see anything that Marvin Medisoft did not already include on the original website. However, some of their page layouts are a bit too busy with product information, so hopefully, the new site won't be as cluttered.

      Delete